Paint your own wand! You will receive one of our signature 3D printed magic wands direct from our London design studio and then use your creative genius to paint a one-of a kind wand of your choice. We'll provide some designs and tutorials if you need some inspiration! We'll also give you a stand for you to place the wand on, no wizard or witch wants their wand on the floor!
The next activity is for you to paint one of our amazing dragon eggs! You can paint your egg however you like or you can follow one of our online tutorials. We will provide tutorials for painting three different styles of dragon eggs-- all different colors and types of dragon! Dragon Nest is included, which holds your egg and lamp electronics, and can also be painted to your liking.
A dragon needs light to be able to grow! Follow the instructions and video tutorials to install and program a magic wand-activated LED inside the dragon egg. We'll provide everything you need to get it working! Once you have it working, change the code to your heart's content to change the colour, pattern and brightness of the light.
- One of our 3D printed magic wands, which is provided unpainted
- An informational card about your magic wand's composition and what that means (core: dragon, phoenix, or elder, shaft: elder, yew, or oak). Are you wise, daring, or outgoing? Each wand has its own personality (like you!)
- Wooden Wand Stand (assembly required)
- One of our 3D printed dragon eggs, which is made with translucent filament and provided unpainted
- Dragon Nest (3D printed egg base and electronics case)
- 2 paint brushes
- Paint pots filled with our selection of acrylic paints
- Magic wand sensor with pre-soldered jumper wires
- Programmable, colour changing LED with pre-soldered jumper wires
- UNO R3 ATmega328P Micro Controller Board
- USB Cord for programming and power
- Online resources for coding and learning extensions
- 5v power source
- Computer to change LED colour or effects
- A good sense of fun
This kit contains three one-hour activites.
Our magic wands are not really magic. They are science. But science is the magic of our world, so it's all a matter of perspective, I suppose.
No real dragons were harmed in the making of our dragon eggs. The dragons have peacefully vacated their shells (like Hermit Crabs) in search of greener fields.
Do not allow your young wizard to eat the acrylic paint provided in this kit. Colours may stain. Suitable clothing should be worn at all times when using this product.